Our favourite time of the week rolls around again and this week, we deliver on time! It’s Gaming Life in Japan, the segment where we take a closer look at how software and hardware sales are going over in Japan. Let’s not waste any time and take a look.
No real surprise here with software sales, Monster Hunter 4 is still topping the charts after being released 3 weeks ago and it doesn’t really look like it’s slowing down with sales in excess of 2.4 million units. That’s a staggering figure for a handheld game considering it launched on September 15, we can’t wait to see we’re it’s sitting next week. A PS Vita title takes the 2nd spot with The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki with the next 4 spots being occupied by PS3 titles this week. And somewhat surprisingly, there’s a 2nd Vita title at number 8, that game is Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate.
Switching gears to hardware for now, we see that the 3DS is just making it look too easy now with the 3DS XL and the regular model shifting over 158k units, that’s a lot of 3DS units. The Wii U meanwhile managed to sell marginally better than last week with just over 5,900 units shifted. Good to see the Japanese public showing loyalty and patience with the Wii U, it still really needs that killer game to boost sales. Oh, we forgot to add that The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD released as well but you couldn’t tell by the Wii U sales.
- [3DS] Monster Hunter 4
- [PSV] The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki
- [PS3] Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate
- [PS3] The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki
- [PS3] Armored Core: Verdict Day
- [PS3] Oreimo Happy End
- [Wii U] The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
- [PSV] Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate
- [3DS] Tomodachi Collection: New Life
- [PS3] Battle Princess of Arcadias
- Nintendo 3DS XL – 93,757 (118,400)
- Nintendo 3DS – 40,487 (40,988)
- PlayStation 3 – 11,382 (10,749)
- PlayStation Vita – 6,031 (5,155)
- Wii U – 5,909 (5,824)
- PSP – 4,805 (5,082)
- Wii – 866 (965)
- Xbox 360 – 511 (610)