Welcome to the new renamed Gaming Life in Japan! The weekly segment where we look at the hardware and software sales for the Land of the Rising Sun. Why the name change though? We felt that the previous title was too long and was beginning to look a bit messy. This new title is straight to the point with no messing about.
So jumping straight in, eagerly anticipated Wii U title, The Wonderful 101 has done woeful business in Japan shifting just over 5000 copies which is very disappointing to see for such a great game with loads of potential. Meanwhile the Disney 3DS title has finally been toppled from the number one position after enjoying 3 weeks up there. The new contender is a PS3 game, Super Robot Wars OG Saga: Masou Kishin III – Pride of Justice.
As far as hardware goes, the 3DS is still showing how everyone how it’s done with over 51k units sold in the past week. The PS3 takes the 2nd spot, no doubt helped along by the previously mentioned Super Robot Wars entry while the PS Vita takes the 3rd spot despite having a fairly substantial drop in sales, down to just over 11k. More worrying though is the Wii U in 4th spot with just a little more than 7k sales. What will it take for the Wii U to jump in sales and gain some considerable ground.
Which title do you think Japanese gamers are waiting for?
- PS3] Super Robot Wars OG Saga: Masou Kishin III – Pride of Justice
- [3DS] Disney Magic Castle: My Happy Life
- [3DS] Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
- [PSV] Super Robot Wars OG Saga: Masou Kishin III – Pride of Justice
- [PSV] Conception II: Shichisei no Michibiki to Mazuru no Akumu
- [3DS] Friend Collection: New Life
- [PS3] Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara
- [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf
- [3DS] Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon
- [3DS] Youkai Watch
- Nintendo 3DS: 51.097
- PlayStation 3: 12.689
- PlayStation Vita: 11.507
- Wii U: 7.030
- PSP: 5.735
- Wii: 1.103
- Xbox 360: 196